01 October 2017

New Paltz brutalism update

blogged in 2013 about a brutalist building at my alma mater -- New Paltz State -- that was going up as I finished college. The building was being stripped, resurfaced, expanded, and otherwise mangled in 2013. Now I've discovered that the civil engineering firm that worked on the renovation has used my "before" photo. Normally, I figure a picture on the web is rather up for grabs -- not really, of course, but there's always a chance. I am disappointed that my photo has been used as if Larsen Engineers -- http://www.larsenengineers.com/Structural_Engineering_Projects.asp -- had fixed the brutalist building and made it solid for another fifty years. Instead, they were part of a process that covered up the wonderful brutalist building and left it quite ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment