21 February 2012

more is never a bore

"Figuring that more is never a bore, OMA employs three different vocabularies: a Miesian box, the organic blob, and the Postmodern aside."
So says Clifford A. Pearson is a fine report on the new Milstein Hall at Cornell University in the February 2012 issue of Architectural Record. The expansion of the architecture school spaces went through a whole bunch of fits and starts but the new building is now open and I cannot wait to see it. Pearson just whetted my appetite and I've got no excuses since Cornell is only 100 miles from Alfred (even though I'm in Los Angeles as I write this).

You can read the whole article at:
http://archrecord.construction.com/projects/Building_types_study/adaptive_reuse/2012/milstein-hall-cornell-university.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment